Selection of the Best Car Speakers Brands: Review of the Best quality car Speakers in the Market, a must read for all lovers of quality speakers!
How To Install Car Speakers
- 1 How To Install Car Speakers
- 2 10 Best Car Speakers Brand
- 2.1 Jl Audio C2-690tx 6×9-Inch 3 Way Speakers
- 2.2 Kicker 41KSC6934 6×9 3-Way Coaxial Speaker – Pair
- 2.3 Infinity Reference X REF-9602ix 6×9 2-way car speakers
- 2.4 Alpine Sps-619 6-Inch X 9-Inch 3 Way Pair of Coaxial Car Speakers Review
- 2.5 PIONEER TS-D6902R 2 WAY 6X9 360W CAR SPEAKERS (PAIR)
- 2.6 Pioneer TS-A6996R A-Series 6″ X 9″ 650W 5-Way Speakers Review
- 2.7 JBL GTO939 Premium 6 x 9 Inches Co-Axial Speaker – Set of 2 Review
- 2.8 Kenwood KFC-6995PS 125W 6 x 9 5-Way Performance Series Flush Mount Coaxial Speakers, Set of 2
- 2.9 Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6 x 9 Inch 3-Way Full-Range Coaxial Speaker – Set of 2
- 2.10 Polk Audio DB691 6-by-9-Inch 3-Way Speakers Review
- 2.11 The Ultimate Guide For Buying Best Car Speakers
- 2.12 Best Car Speakers Video Review
- 2.13 Basics information about car sound system
- 2.14 Start listening
- 2.15 Basics Info on Car Speakers specs
- 2.16 Two types of Car speakers
- 2.17 Factors you should take into account when choosing a car speaker
- 2.18 Loudness and sensitivity
- 2.19 Additional factors
- 2.20 Impedance
- 2.21 The size
- 2.22 Recommendations
- 2.23 Installing Car Speakers in your Car
- 2.24 Best Car Speakers for bass Infographic
If you have factory speakers in your car, you will want to replace them, simply because the sound quality they offer isn’t satisfactory.
Replacing them is an easy task, if you know what you are doing. In any case, following these steps will teach you how to achieve your goal.
- Dissemble the door panels
The first step is to remove the door panels, so you can get access to the factory speaker. This step is unique for each car and there are no specific rules.
In any case, you will have to remove the door panel by undoing the bolts, screws and brackets. Keep in mind that there are hidden screws (in most cases), so try not to damage the door panel.
- Detach the speaker
When you got access to the speaker, remove it. This usually includes several screws and two wires.
As you can imagine, this procedure is simple and it takes just a few seconds. Keep all screws and smaller parts, due to the fact they may be handy later.
- Add a mounting bracket to a speaker
Now you should place a new speaker to the mounting bracket. This is another simple step. This will allow you to install it to the door and the mounting bracket is included in the package.
Connect the new speaker to the wiring system of your car. In most cases, this will fit perfectly and there won’t be need for making new connectors or etc.
One wire is positive and another one is negative, so don’t mix them. Luckily, most speakers and cars have different connectors, so you won’t be able to make a mistake.
- Screw down the new speaker
When you are done, screw down the speaker to its new place and the biggest part of your job is done.
Make sure it is held tight, due to the fact of not, it will have a negative effect to the sound quality and it can cause distortion. In addition, add back the door panels and you are done.
10 Best Car Speakers Brand
Jl Audio C2-690tx 6×9-Inch 3 Way Speakers
Extraordinary Speakers With A Great Sound Quality: Jl Audio C2-690tx 6×9-Inch 3 Way Speakers with Silk Dome Tweeters
Different speakers are much better that those units that look the same as other models. In this case, you will get amazing speakers, made from high-quality materials and capable for amazing sound quality.
On the other side, they are not too much expensive and they have all features that a car enthusiast will need.
In any case, they should be taken into consideration, if you want to make your car sound better.
Features of Jl Audio C2-690tx 6×9-Inch 3 Way Speakers with Silk Dome Tweeters:
- These are 3 way speakers.
- The size of a speaker is 6×9 inches.
- The RMS is 70 watts.
- The sensitivity is 93 dB which is in the same range as far more expensive speakers.
- Coaxial speakers.
- The frequency varies between 53 and 22000 Hz.
- The sound quality is impressive.
- The bass is deep and powerful.
- Designed to be used for different types of music.
- The surround is made from Polyether foam.
- The continuous power is 70w.
- Mid and high ranges are very good.
- Drilling template comes in the package.
- Installing hardware is included in the package as well.
- The tone is warm.
- Can be fitted in almost any, newer vehicle.
- Greta design.
- The sensitivity is amazing.
- The sound is warm and better than most products from the same price range.
- The bass is excellent.
- The mounting elements are included in the package.
- Cannot be fitted to some, older cars.
- Customer support.
These are not entry-level, coaxial speakers. They are mid-range product, designed for people who actually want to improve the sound quality in their cars.
Replacing the factory speakers never was easier, due to the fact you get all you need included in the package. At the end, you will get a great sound, bass and you will improve the interior of your car.
Kicker 41KSC6934 6×9 3-Way Coaxial Speaker – Pair
Get The Best For A Fraction Of Money With Kicker 41KSC6934
Most speakers, designed for great sound quality are expensive due to the fact they are made by some of the best manufacturers.
If you are looking for a great quality but the brand isn’t very important, these speakers are the best choice.
Maybe their name doesn’t sound very familiar, but the sound quality can be compared with far more expensive speakers.
In general, they are the best choice if you are new in the world of car speakers and you want to improve the sound system in your car.
Features of Kicker 41KSC6934 6×9 3-Way Coaxial Speaker – Pair:
- The frequency response is between 30 and 21,000 Hz, which is much better than similar speakers have to offer.
- They are sold in pairs and they come with grills that make them look better.
- The silk dome tweeters are one of the best you can find.
- The sensitivity is 92 dB which means that they require less power to reproduce the same volume as similar speakers.
- Designed to be fitted in old and new cars.
- The installing process takes 20 minutes.
- The sound quality is impressive.
- There is no distortion in the sound.
- All ranges are equally well reproduced.
- Great design. Similar speakers are far more expensive.
- The sound quality is great.
- The bass is impressive.
- The sensitivity.
- Easy to install.
- Not many people use them.
- The grills aren’t made from high-quality materials.
Keep in mind that these are coaxial speakers, so they are not designed for extreme car enthusiasts who want the ultimate sound quality.
On the other side, they offer more than just good bass and sound, so they are a great choice.
These speakers should be one of possible choices, when it comes to choosing your new speakers. They are also a wise investment.
Infinity Reference X REF-9602ix 6×9 2-way car speakers
Get The Latest Features With Infinity Reference X REF-9602ix 6×9 2-way car speakers
When it comes to choosing a car speaker, the latest devices are usually the best, simply because they are based on the latest technology.
Equally important is the manufacturer of that speaker. In this case, you get both things at affordable price.
The speakers in question are great choice that should be taken into account if you want to replace factory speakers in your car. Keep in mind that Infinity is one of the best car speaker manufacturers on the planet.
Features of Infinity Reference X REF-9602ix:
- The peak power is 600 watts per speaker.
- The surface area is maximized thanks to plus one woofer.
- Edge-Driven tweeters.
- The sound quality is at a high level.
- The bass is strong and you can feel the vibrations.
- Designed for different vehicles, so they can be installed in most cars.
- No matter where you place them, you will get the same sound quality.
- High-quality materials were used in the manufacturing process.
- The size is 6×9 inches.
- Coaxial speakers.
Pros of Infinity Reference X REF-9602ix 6×9 2-way car speakers:
- Great price.
- The sound quality can be compared with more expensive speakers.
- The woofer and tweeter are based on the latest technology.
- Bass is equally impressive.
- The mounting process is simple and it isn’t time-consuming.
- Can be fitted on almost any car.
- Come in pair and with additional components.
- The design.
- May be hard to install them on some cars.
These speakers offer the best combination of features and the price. They are affordable, but they have a great quality and they can be fitted to almost any car. Simply said, this is a great choice, if you are planning to replace factory speakers in your car.
These speakers are much stronger and the sound quality they offer is much better. In addition, they don’t have some severe drawbacks.
Alpine Sps-619 6-Inch X 9-Inch 3 Way Pair of Coaxial Car Speakers Review
Great Sound Quality And Great Value Are The Best Sides Of The Alpine Sps-619
Expensive speakers are the best, there is no point discussing about that. However, affordable speakers can have similar sound quality and a great feature as well.
Unless you are a car enthusiast, who wants the best quality, these speakers are a great choice.
Keep in mind that coaxial speakers are the best, simply because they have great sound quality, but they are not expensive as much as components speakers. This model is one of coaxial speakers that should be on your list.
Features of Alpine Sps-619 6-Inch X 9-Inch 3 Way Pair of Coaxial Car Speakers:
- 260 Watts.
- The frequency is 65Hz – 23kHz.
- The impedance is 4 ohms.
- Available in different sizes, so they can be fitted to any car. In addition, the installation process is simple and quick.
- The design has been improved, so these speakers look better in your car.
- The sensitivity is 90 db.
- The sound quality will significantly be improved, compared with factory speakers or with similar aftermarket speakers.
- Only the latest and the strongest materials have been used in the manufacturing process.
- One of the cheapest speakers with these features.
- Great sensitivity. In fact, it is one of the best in this price range.
- Made from high-quality materials.
- Can be fitted to most vehicles.
- Don’t have severe drawbacks.
- The sound quality is much better that most speakers from the same price range have to offer.
- Some users claim that the installation process is complicated.
- The bass isn’t as good as similar speakers reproduce.
It isn’t a secret that Alpine makes some of the best car speakers. In fact, this company is constantly treated as one of the best companies in this field.
With the Alpine Sps-619 6-Inch X 9-Inch 3 Way Pair of Coaxial Car Speakers, you cannot make a mistake, simply because they have been designed and developed for people who want better sound quality in their cars.
PIONEER TS-D6902R 2 WAY 6X9 360W CAR SPEAKERS (PAIR)
Great Speakers With Great Popularity- PIONEER TS-D6902R
These speakers are very popular at this moment, due to the fact they offer a great mixture of a great sound quality and the price.
Most car enthusiasts chose them because they can satisfy their need for a great sound. In any case, these speakers cannot be treated as a wrong choice.
Keep in mind that they are made by Pioneer, so they have certain advantages and benefits similar speakers don’t have.
Features of PIONEER TS-D6902R:
- The size is 6×9 inches.
- 28 Hz to 30 kHz frequency.
- Come from the D series. Pioneer makes this series especially for people who want to improve the sound quality in their cars.
- The installation has been adjusted to most vehicles.
- Dual-Layer IMX is built-in a speaker for the first time. This feature allows for the speakers to withstand higher temperatures and makes related components far more absorbent.
- Crossover has been updated as well. It offers a better performance now.
- Designed to reproduce the same sound quality to a driver and a passenger.
- Sensitivity is 90 dB.
- Max watts 360.
- One of the best speakers in this price range.
- The improved tweeter, crossover and sensitivity.
- Dual-Layer IMX is a great addition.
- Made from high-quality materials.
- The speakers are very solid and strong.
- The grill is included in the package.
- The bass isn’t at the highest level.
- Cannot satisfy a need of extreme car enthusiasts.
- The design is too simple.
Keep in mind that these speakers are not a great choice if you are a professional car enthusiast, who wants the ultimate quality.
On the other side, if you like having a great sound in your car, much better than your factory sound system can reproduce, these speakers are a great choice. In any case, they should be taken into consideration.
Pioneer TS-A6996R A-Series 6″ X 9″ 650W 5-Way Speakers Review
Improve Your Car And Your Sound With Pioneer TS-A6996R A-Series
Pioneer makes some of the best car speakers you can find. Their products are high-quality units that are able to reproduce amazing sounds.
On the other side, they barely have some drawbacks. In any case, speakers made by this company are more than good improvements to your car.
Although, their price isn’t always the lowest, compared with similar speakers, they have certain advantages.
Features of Pioneer TS-A6996R A-Series 6″ X 9″ 650W 5-Way Speakers:
- Great speakers for most drivers and car enthusiasts.
- No matter which type of music you like, they can reproduce an amazing sound quality.
- 5 way.
- The mica matrix cone is improved, so this speaker is able of reproducing a much deeper bass.
- The tweeter has been improved as well. Mid and high-range frequencies are much better as well.
- Designed especially for people who want to replace the factory sound system in their car.
- The size is 6 X 9 inches.
- The magnet is much bigger than in the previous model.
- This model has been significantly improved, compared with the previous model.
- The bass is deeper and much better than most speakers from this price range have to offer.
- The mid and high-range are more than just good.
- Installing process is simple and these speakers can be installed in most vehicles.
- Pioneer made these speakers to satisfy all needs of all car enthusiasts.
- Great value.
- The design is too simple and they don’t look very interesting.
- Cannot be fitted to some vehicles. Additional components are required.
If you are looking for cheap speakers, made by some of the best manufacturers in this area, the Pioneer TS-A6996R A-Series 6″ X 9″ 650W 5-Way Speakers are a great choice.
Simply said, you cannot make a mistake by choosing them. They are great in any case and they definitely should be at the top of your list.
JBL GTO939 Premium 6 x 9 Inches Co-Axial Speaker – Set of 2 Review
Speaker For Real Car Enthusiast: JBL GTO939 Premium
Replacing the factory car sound system begins with replacing the speakers. This means that you will need a high-quality units that are much better than factory speakers.
This product is more than just a great choice. They are designed for simple installation, but they offer impressive performances and have great features.
JBL GTO939 Premium 6 x 9 Inches Co-Axial Speaker Features:
- Cones have a larger size than similar products, so they can make more bass. In addition, they are carbon-injected.
- Tweeters have a larger size as well. They have been designed to withstand a huge amount of power, at high volumes and reduce the heating.
- The tweeter has dual-level settings, which means that it can be adjusted to satisfy your specific need for music.
- They require less power than speakers from the same price range, but they offer the same loudness and the same sound quality.
- They are available in different sizes (5×7 inches, 6×9 inches and 6.5 inches). This means that they can be fitted to any vehicle.
- They are light and the manufacturer used strong, but lightweight materials.
- 2 speakers are included in the package.
Pros of JBL GTO939 Premium:
- Great value.
- The bass is much better than similar speakers are able to reproduce.
- Using these speakers at high volumes for a long period of time won’t cause overheating or similar issues.
- Come in different sizes, so they can be fitted to different vehicles.
- Similar to the previous model.
- Cannot be installed on some vehicles.
These speakers are a great way to improve the sound quality in your car. They are made from high-quality materials, they have great features, but don’t have some severe drawbacks.
Keep in mind that these are coaxial speakers, so they are the best choice for most people. Their main goal is to produce sound, which they do in a great way.
Kenwood KFC-6995PS 125W 6 x 9 5-Way Performance Series Flush Mount Coaxial Speakers, Set of 2
The Best Features At The Lowest Price: Kenwood KFC-6995PS
Most people believe that great speakers cost a lot and they are hard to get. The situation is a bit different.
Most speakers can be found easily and their price is much lower than you can imagine. This is the situation with these speakers.
They offer a great sound quality at a price that was reserved for factory speakers. If you are a beginner, with a car sound system tuning, these speakers are the best choice.
Features of Kenwood KFC-6995PS:
- The size is 6×9 inches.
- 5 way speakers.
- Offer great sound quality, but they are much cheaper than component speakers.
- Peak is 1300 watts per one speaker.
- You get two speakers in the package.
- The tweeter is based on the latest technology and it is far more effective than tweeters in similar speakers.
- Easy to install. These speakers can be installed on most vehicles in less than 30 minutes.
- Made by one of the best speaker manufacturer in the world.
- Made from high-quality materials.
Pros of Kenwood KFC-6995PS 125W 6 x 9 5-Way Performance Series Flush Mount Coaxial Speakers, Set of 2:
- Incredibly low price. Despite the fact, they can be compared with more expensive products.
- Probably the best sound quality when it comes to this price tag.
- Durable and resistant to vibrations and high-temperatures.
- Installing process is quick and simple.
- Bass isn’t at the highest level.
- The design is obsolete and doesn’t look great.
- They cannot be fitted to some vehicles.
These are probably the most affordable speakers on the market that offer the best quality of a sound. They are a great choice, for beginners and expert sound enthusiasts. Even better, they can be fitted on any vehicle, so they are practical.
The bass isn’t at the highest level, but it is better than most speakers from this price range have to offer. These speakers will be a great addition to your car.
Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6 x 9 Inch 3-Way Full-Range Coaxial Speaker – Set of 2
The Most Popular Choice: Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime
Sharing the experiences with speakers is the best way to get the best product. In this case, you will get the aforementioned model, simply because these speakers are incredibly affordable and most people use them.
On the other side, they are far better than factory speakers, so they are a wise choice. The sound and bass are going to be significantly improved.
Features of Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6 x 9 Inch 3-Way Full-Range Coaxial Speaker:
- The cone is Vacuum Polypropylene, which was reserved for more expensive speakers.
- The tweeter crossover is integrated in the speaker unit.
- Installing these speakers can be done by yourself, due to the fact they offer easy-install feature.
- Surrounding is layered with rubber, so they are more resistant to vibrations and high-temperatures.
- The size is 6×9 inches.
- Can be installed in most cars, even in old models.
- The sound quality is much better than similar speakers.
- Cannot be compared with speakers from the same price range, due to the fact these ones have better performances.
- Made from durable and high-quality materials.
- The design is simple but classic.
- In the package you get two speakers, installing hardware and the grills.
- Grills are made from the same material as the speakers, so they look matched.
- Probably one of the best speakers you can get for this price.
- Impressive bass and sound quality.
- All components, needed for mounting are included in the package.
- The mounting process is simpler and can be done quickly.
- A lot of people have chosen these speakers.
- The loudness.
- The sensitivity.
If you want to replace the factory speakers in your car and save money, these speakers are the best choice.
Despite the price, they offer a great sound quality and they are capable for long use. In addition, they are resistant to vibrations and high temperatures.
Polk Audio DB691 6-by-9-Inch 3-Way Speakers Review
Ultimate Design And Great Performances With Polk Audio DB691
Most car enthusiasts replace their factory speakers as soon as possible. Beside impedance, loudness and similar features, mots of them pay attention to the design of a speaker.
This is even important if it is located in a place where you can look at it while driving.
If you are one of them, this speaker is a great choice for you. It has an amazing design and great features, so it is loud and makes a great sound.
Features of Polk Audio DB691 6-by-9-Inch 3-Way Speakers:
- The dimensions are 6×9 inches, and in the package, there are 2 speakers.
- These are 3 way speakers, so they are better than 2 way products.
- The efficiency is 93 dB, which is more than similar speakers from the same price range.
- The surround stand are layered with high-quality rubber, so they can withstand high temperatures and vibrations.
- The tweeter is made from Silk and Polymer Dome.
- The woofer is Mica Cone.
- The sound quality is great at any volume.
- Increased durability. These speakers can last longer than similar products.
- Greta quality and greater durability. Better than most speakers from this price range.
- The tweeter and the woofer are made from high-quality materials.
- Carefully chosen size, so they can be fitted in most vehicles.
- The loudness is at the highest level.
- Great design.
- Require batteries.
- They are not great for some types of cars.
The bottom line is simple. If you want great looking speakers that also offer an impressive sound quality, these speakers are a great choice.
They are affordable and have a great quality. In addition, they are based on the latest technology, so they aver certain advantages.
Keep in mind that they can be compared with more expensive products and they will be better than most of them.
Click Here to Buy Polk Audio DB691
The Ultimate Guide For Buying Best Car Speakers
Buying a new car means that you will get a reliable vehicle, capable for high mileage and great adventures.
However, it doesn’t mean that you will get the same qualities with the car sound system. Car manufacturers are looking for a way to save money and reduce the manufacturing cost of their vehicles, so some components are not very good. Sadly, this applies to the sound system.
In most cases, you cannot even see the manufacturer of that system. In cases when you can see, you will notice that the manufacturer isn’t a well-known company.
In some rare cases, you can end up with a sound system that has been made by a great company, but not so good when it comes to car sound system.
For example, Panasonic is a great company, but they are not well-known for making car sound systems.
The best way to get an amazing sound quality ion your car is to get aftermarket speakers and other components.
However, this process is complicated, due to the fact there are so many variables. Everything affects the sound quality.
This applies especially to a type of car, the size, and the size of the speakers, their location, their power, other components and adjustment.
All of this means that going to the first speaker store and getting a new car speaker isn’t an easy task. In order to get the best, you should know how a car sound system actually works.
Best Car Speakers Video Review
Basics information about car sound system
The first thing you should know is that a car sound system is complicated and expensive. If you want the best sound quality, you must be prepared to spend a lot of money.
The second thing you should know is that the main components isn’t a speaker, it is receiver. It is a device located in a dash, and its goal is to receive signal, amplify it and send it away.
The audio signal may come from a USB device, a smartphone or a radio. The receiver will amplify the signal thanks to the channels, and divide the same amount of power to every channel.
Almost all factory stereos come with 4 channels, but some may have more or less. In order to make it better, you can use external amplifier, but this is an expensive upgrade and it should be done by a professional, if you are not.
The external amplifier has the main goal to increase the power of the sound, due to the fact the factory stereo isn’t capable of that.
The next step is the tweeter and woofer. In essence, these devices make sound by vibrating. A woofer is in charge of low and mid-range frequencies.
On the other side tweeter is responsible for high-end frequencies. In order to get the best sound quality, you need the best woofer and tweeter.
Just one of them cannot be used. This also means that location of the speakers is important. In order to get the stereo effect, you should have speakers on each side of your car.
However, some speakers cannot make an impressive sound quality, so they are not a wise choice. Keep in mind that the price isn’t crucial for the best sound quality.
When comes to choosing a great speaker, keep in mind that you should hear it, before you buy it. Go to a sound store and start listening. Make sure you understand what are you listening and pay attention to details.
The main goal of any speaker (high-end) is to play music with the best possible quality. Always listen to a song that is well-0known to you, or you will be impressed, by a song that you hear the first time.
This is a useful trick that sound enthusiastic use. In addition, make sure you listen to all frequencies, due to the fact most speakers cannot offer the maximum level of quality in all frequency ranges.
The first step is to pay attention to the low frequencies. They represent male vocals, guitars and bass in general. Keep in mind that they shouldn’t be very strong and have the main part of a sound, due to the fact they will cancel other frequencies.
On the other side, the bass should make you feel it. It is constantly related to that amazing effect a loud car sound has to offer.
The second step is to pay attention to the mid-frequencies. They are made from tones different instruments make.
It is a great thing if you can hear all instruments. In addition, cheap speakers will have more bass and their mid-frequencies will be hard to make a difference, when it comes to listening to different instruments.
The high—frequencies are the third step. They are also known as treble and they should be made from different tones. If you can hear each instrument, but your ears don’t hurt, you have a great speaker.
After all of this, make sure you listen to a music from different angles. Start listening from a driver’s seat, then move to the rear seats and then go outside of a car.
This is mandatory due to the fact speakers don’t reproduce the same quality of sound in all directions. You will be able to hear some issue when you are at the back seat, or outside a car, that won’t be detected if you are on a driver’s seat.
In addition, listen to a favorite song several, times, in order to get an idea about the speaker quality.
Basics Info on Car Speakers specs
A specification on each speaker will tell you a lot of details about it power and sensitivity. Most speakers have an impedance of 4 ohm, so it will draw 2 watts. If a speaker has an impedance of 8 ohm, it will draw 1 watt of power.
Another fact you should know is the sensitivity. It will get increased with each 3 db. In order to understand what this is, you should pay attention the power speaker requires and the number that represents its sensitivity.
A higher sensitivity is better, due to the fact it requires less power in order to provide the same volume.
For example, a speaker with sensitivity of 93db.is better and requires less power that a speaker with a sensitivity of 90 db.
Two types of Car speakers
All speakers can be divided to coaxial and component speakers. Coaxial speakers are made from one woofer and one tweeter. They also have an internal crossover that is responsible for dividing the frequencies, so the woofer and tweeter get the frequencies they are designed to produce.
Most speakers of this type are two-way, but you can get three or more way coaxial speakers. These speakers are cheaper and they are easier to install than component speakers.
On the other side, the quality of sound they make is lower than components speakers make, due to the fact all frequencies are made in the same unit.
Component speakers are the best, but also the most expensive components. They have divided woofer and tweeter, so the sound isn’t made in the same unit. All of this means that you get a much better sound quality.
These speakers are designed for real car sound enthusiasts. Keep in mind that their rice may be 2 or 3 times higher than coaxial speakers have, and they must be installed by a professional.
In general, coaxial speakers are enough for more people due to the fact they offer a good level of quality and their price is lower.
There are a lot of different car speaker’s manufacturers. The best ones have the longest history, so they should be at the top of your list. Some of the best companies in this case are: JBL, Pioneer, Infinity, Alpine and Kenwood.
All of these brands have a long history and choosing their products is a wise decision. Another thing you should know is that replacing just a speaker won’t have some impressive effect on the sound quality.
If you want the best, you should add a subwoofer and a car amplifier. By doing this, you will get an amazing car sound system, capable of producing amazing sound.
Different cars affect to the sound differently. This is possible due to the fact the interior of a car is different and they have different acoustic landscape.
Most people know the fact that a speaker has a great quality, outside a car, but when it is installed, that quality is reduced.
However, there are tips and instr4utions on how to improve the interior of your car in order to get better sound quality.
Factors you should take into account when choosing a car speaker
The best speakers are capable of producing amazing sound. All frequencies will sound great and the sound will be at the highest level. There are several factors that affect on this.
In order to get an idea, how to test a car speaker and determine its sound quality, you should know that different car speakers make different sound and that sound won’t be the same in every location.
For example, a car speaker may have a great sound quality for a driver, but it will have some issues for passengers on the rear seats. The best car speaker is capable of producing a great sound quality in the whole car.
In order to determine the best sound quality, you should use: blind-ear tests, accuracy test and user reviews.
The blind-ear tests are the most important. In this case, you should play the same music, and place listeners to the same locations, while they don’t know which speaker they are listening at the moment.
They should evaluate the sound quality without knowing the details about the speaker. User reviews are also a very important factor that should be taken into consideration, when choosing your next speaker.
The best speaker should have a lot of positive reviews and the lowest number of negative ratings.
The frequency accuracy test should be done by recording a tone, produced by a speaker several times. They, you need an analyzing filter in order to determine the signature of each speaker.
In addition, testing speakers must be done on the same day and in the same conditions, so you avoid variables that may affect the sound quality.
Always place the microphone on the same distance and test speaker’s in the same room, with the same car and surroundings.
Also, test them at the same volumes. In general, only a speaker should be changed, while everything rest will stay the same. This will help you decide which the best speaker is.
Loudness and sensitivity
The sensitivity was mentioned earlier, and it means how much power a speaker will require in order to produce sound. Different speakers require different amounts of power. They also use that power in a different way.
All of this is mandatory and should be taken into consideration when choosing your new speaker. Sadly, the sensitivity of a car speaker is hard to measure, simply because a car manufacturer uses different values.
On the other side, the loudness of a car speaker can be measured and it is a wise choice to pay attention to it, before buying your new speaker.
The loudness is an important factor and it is different for each speaker. Keep in mind that speakers from the same price range can have loudness different up to 7 dB.
This also means that the least loud speaker will use several times more power to produce the same loudness as the loudest speaker.
This means that the loudest speaker is definitely the best choice. It sues less power, but it is loud and makes a great sound.
If you take into account all aforementioned factors, you can choose the best speaker. If you are a sound enthusiastic, this is mandatory and you need the best speaker for your car.
On the other side, if you make a mistake, you will end up with a car speaker that barely makes average sound, which isn’t a serious mistake.
Beside aforementioned factors, there are several more than should be taken into consideration.
Although, car speakers are not very complicated, car sound systems are, and all components must be in the best condition and installed properly in order to get the best sound quality.
This is the electrical resistance of your speaker. It is important to connect properly the amplifier and a speaker in order to get the best system. Keep in mind that they are not connected properly, an amplifier will overheat, which will cause severe damages.
Speakers with lower impedances require far more power from the amplifier, so it will have to work much harder.
This means that it will last shorter and it can get damaged eventually. On the other side if the impedance is too high, a speaker will blow.
The size of a speaker is mandatory factor, when it comes to choosing your new speaker. The most common speakers have size of 6×9 inches, but there are a lot of people who like 6.5 inches speakers.
6×9 inches are the most common in rear and front doors. These speakers have larger woofers, so the low frequencies will be better.
However, the interior of your car has an important role in this case, so choosing the biggest speaker doesn’t mean you will get the best sound quality. On the other side, a smaller speaker my offer a better sound quality.
Speaker brackets are an important addition that means a lot but is very cheap. It allows you to install aftermarket speakers to your car much easier. Keep in mind that not all speakers will fit perfectly in factory speaker’s places.
Most of them will require some type of adjustment. If you are not into this, hire a professional. Keep in mind that the installation process also affects the sound quality.
In addition, most speakers come with a warranty. It is a nice addition, when you know that you are protected, if something happens to a speaker. In addition, customer support can make a difference, so this is an important factor as well.
One of the best speakers you can get today is Pioneer A-Series. It is one of the loudest speakers in its class and it offers the best sound quality.
JBL GTO is a great speaker as well. It has an amazing power handling and the sound quality isn’t much lower than the previous model.
The third choice has to be Pioneer D-Series. It has a decent sound quality nut the lowest power handling of all three speakers.
A good thing is the fact there are some more affordable speakers. They offer a decent sound quality and they can be installed in every car.
One of them is Rockford Fosgate Prime series, due to the fact this speaker has a low price, but the sound quality isn’t bad.
Keep in mind that this is a cheaper car speaker that has a lot of advantages, so unless you are a sound enthusiastic, this is a great choice.
Installing Car Speakers in your Car
Ultimately, what you hear from you car’s sound system, comes from your speakers. Every factory installed sound system comes with speakers, but that does not necessarily mean that you will have the highest performing sound system for the situation or for your individual needs.
Luckily there are many ways of remedying this dilemma, particularly with regard to the audio speakers.
There are two simple methods of doing this. You could either replace the existing speakers with better performing units, or by installing all together new ones.
Either options could include adding speakers like subwoofers or even starting from scratch and installing a completely new and improved speaker setup. Either way, speakers are probably the easiest way of upgrading your sound system.
Basically being an air pump, speakers mostly rely on magnets to push back and forth a membrane to produce pressure waves that our human ears recognize as sound.
The larger the speaker’s diameter, the lower the frequency of sound, and the smaller the diameter the better they are for producing higher pitched sounds.
Powered by the amplifier, it sends a signal of sufficient power to the speakers providing the listener with a crispy clear sound without distortion.
Factory installed sound normally relies on a single set of stereo speakers. While this can satisfy the audio needs of some, it may not be sufficient for the more specifically sensed listeners. The four basic types of speakers are as follows:
Tweeter: This is a high range speaker. Often paired with a woofer in a general two-speaker system that uses the overlap between the two to generate the middle range
Driver: Mid range speaker. This provides a fuller and richer sound.
Woofer: Low range speaker. Generally paired with tweeters this speaker provides power to the lower ranges and works well with covering a wider portion of the lower ranges.
Subwoofer: Very low range speaker. This would be the speaker that the motorist stopped at the traffic light next to you, will notice. He too will “feel” your quality of sound.
Having all of the above speakers ultimately allows for a wider range and more consistent sound.
DIY vs Professional Installations
Time, Complexity, Budget and Skill levels are all factors to consider when installing the perfect sound system.
A complicated speaker installation may be very time consuming. Professionals have more experience minimizing installation time.
Having basic installation skills may also prove troublesome as an expert’s experience could be handy in a troubleshooting situation.
While your basic knowledge could prove helpful, the complexity of such an installation could be a level above your expertise.
While it is a bonus having an expert install your perfect sound system, it may turn out too costly and above your budget, especially if you have already spent too much on your equipment purchases.
If you are looking to improve your sound system, you may not have to look to much further than a new set of well-installed speakers.
Whether you are replacing a full set of factory standard speakers or going big with a completely new installation, a speaker upgrade is sure fire way of improving the sound quality of your audio sound system.
A set of new speakers is a perfect first step to satisfaction for anyone not contend with the quality of their car sound.
Best Car Speakers for bass Infographic