A Comprehensive Examination Of The Best 6.5 Car Speakers
If you consider yourself to be an audiophile, you’ll want to do your best to equip yourself with the highest quality audio equipment. Whether you’re strolling through the grocery store, sitting behind the computer or driving down the highway, you’ll want to be able to enhance the experience through music.
In order for this dream to become a reality, it is pertinent to fit your vehicle with the best 6.5 car speakers possible. Unfortunately, it can be incredibly difficult to find the best speakers for your individualistic situation.
There are innumerable characteristics to take into account and the market is undeniably over-saturated with potential choices. Attempting to pull off this daunting task on your own can be overwhelming, if not impossible.
The good news is that you’ve come to the right place. Within this comprehensive and extensive guide, you’ll be able to familiarize yourself with the market’s best 6.5 car speakers. Once you’ve made your way to the bottom of the page, you’ll have a better understanding of each model and will know precisely which one is best for you!
Best 6.5 Car Speakers
Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps 6.5-Inch Performance Series Component Speaker System Review
If you’re looking for a solid speaker, which will undoubtedly withstand the test of time, you owe it to yourself to check out the Kenwood KFC-P709Ps. The speaker features a woofer cone, which is manufactured from propylene, so it can take a good thumping.
They have an impedance rating of 4 ohms and utilize a 1-inch tweeter. Not only are the speakers affordable, but also they’ll provide you with an excellent audio performance whether you’re listening to rap, rock or jazz.
- Frequency response range of 63Hz to 24kHz
- Capable of handling 280 watts of peak power
- Utilizes an advanced crossover to prevent distortion and interference
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Polypropylene cone is designed to withstand the test of time
Whether you’re working with a limited budget or just want a solid 6.5” speaker, you truly cannot go wrong with the KFC-P709Ps. The speaker system is affordable, versatile, and capable of providing you with a satisfying thump, without any speaker damage.
Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers – 2 pairs (4 speakers) Review
Polk Audio has been at it for an extensive period of time and the company’s speakers are undeniably some of the best on the market. Their 6.5 inch coaxial speakers are very versatile and marine certified. This guarantees that you can utilize the speakers anywhere you desire, including within a marine vehicle or your car.
The speakers are capable of handling a total of 360 watts of peak power or 120 watts of RMS power. For most audiophiles, this should be more than sufficient. Also, the speakers feature filters for high pass and loss pass crossovers. This helps to eliminate the annoying interference that you might experience from lesser quality models.
- 360 Watts of Peak Power Handling per pair
- 120 Watts RMS power handling per pair
- Tweeter features silk and polymer, which is liquid cooled
- Surprisingly affordable
- Crossover filters eliminate distortion and interference
- Marine certified, so they can be installed in a boat
All in all, the Polk Audio DB651 car speakers will make an excellent addition to any vehicle’s stereo system. A little caution will need to be taken to ensure you don’t blow the speakers. Otherwise, they’re solid and will serve you in a satisfactory manner for an extensive period of time.
Lanzar OPTI6PM Opti Pro 400-Watt 6.5-Inch High-Power Coaxial Speaker Review
Lanzar might not be the easiest recognizable speaker manufacturer, but the company’s products are topnotch nonetheless. Their OPTI6PM speaker is a 6.5” beast and is capable of delivering impressive mid bass sounds. The speaker features a die cast aluminum frame, so you won’t have to worry about damaging it easily.
It can tolerate 220 watts of power consistently, so it is much more capable than many of the alternatives. And, the glass fiber cone is finished with a butyl rubber surround. The combination guarantees the speaker will deliver a loud thump and keep on ticking.
- Can accommodate 220 watts RMS
- 400 Watts of peak power
- Speaker features a glass fiber cone with butyl rubber surround for added longevity
- Durable die-cast aluminum frame
- 3 ohm and Sensitivity of 92dB
- Versatile frequency range – 65Hz to 7kHz
The speakers are great for most purposes. They might not be the most well rounded speakers in the world, but they truly excel in terms of mid-range sounds. So, if you need an excellent mid-range 6.5” car speaker, you should definitely check out the Lanzar OPTI6PM.
Pioneer TS-A1676R 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speaker Pair Review
Pioneer is an easily recognizable brand, due to their longevity in the industry. The company’s products tend to be reliable, affordable, and well-rounded. This is precisely where the TS-A1676R Speakers fit into the picture.
Despite the affordability of the speakers, they possess many beneficial characteristics, including 90dB sensitivity and a frequency range of 35Hz to 31,000 Hz. The speakers feature an impressive voice coil wire, which is heat-resistant. This gives the speaker the ability to withstand a substantial amount of power easily.
- 300 Watts of maximum power handling
- 50 watts of RMS handling
- Very flashy grille design
- Minimum internal loss
- Sensitivity ensures outstanding responsiveness
Truly, the Pioneer TS-A1676R speakers can be a great investment for audiophiles, as well as those that just love music. They’re affordable, reliable, and very sleek. Plus, they’ll deliver a good audio performance. Just remember that the RMS power handling is slightly low, so you’ll need to be cautious about cranking up the volume too high.
Pioneer TS-A1686R A-Series 6.5″ 350-Watt 4-Way Speakers Review
If you’re for something a little more capable than the aforementioned Pioneer speakers, you may want to consider upgrading to the TS-A1685R. The package includes two speakers. Together, they’re capable of handling a maximum of 350 watts of peak power or 120 watts of consistent power. The voice coils are designed to be able to resist heat for added durability and impressive heat dissipation.
- High sensitivity thanks to the lightweight polymer surround
- Grille design is very sleek
- Cone design is capable of delivering accurate sound reproduction and fluid responsiveness
- Decent power handling for peak and RMS
Overall, the Pioneer TS-A1685R Car Speakers are great in many key categories. They’re capable of delivering a balanced sound and will definitely withstand the test of time, as long as you don’t push them too hard.
Alpine Sps-610 6.5″ 2 Way Pair of Coaxial Car Speakers Review
If you are looking for a quality 2-way speaker, you should look no further than the Alpine SPS-610. This model offers a universal fit, so it will replace most factory direct speaker systems.
Most music enthusiasts spend a lot of time traveling around, so they opt to upgrade the original audio system in their vehicle. The SPS-610 is not only affordable, but it can produce a studio-grade sound, with a high bass.
- High-quality diaphragm constructed mostly out of aluminum
- Tweeter offers a 10 degree swiveling action
- Components are constructed out of durable, high-grade materials
- 30 Millimeter voice coil
- Capable of producing 240 watts of peak power
- Cone structure is very unique in design and capable of promoting better sound clarity
- 70-Hz – 22kHZ frequency response
- 4 Ohms impendence
- Actual product dimensions – 5” in diameter X 2-1/4” in depth
Overall, the Alpine SPS-610 Type S Series speakers are extremely efficient and will produce a high bass and nice, tight sound. You also have the option of adjusting the tweeter angle, if you choose to do so.
New KICKER DS65 6.5″ 200 Watt 4-Ohm 2-Way DS Series Car Audio Speakers Review
No one should be forced to spend a fortune on a pair of coax speakers, but this does not mean that you should be willing to compromise on quality. Well, you will not have to, if you invest in the Kicker DS65 speaker.
This model is designed with the music enthusiast in mind, because it is durably constructed with high-grade components. Not only will you be the talk of the neighborhood, but the sounds emitting from your vehicle will thump very loud and clear.
- Equipped with a ½” tweeter, which is constructed out of polyetherimide resins
- Includes a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, with the option of an extended warranty
- Capable of handling up to 200 watts of power
- Compatible with all vehicles with existing 6.5” speakers
- Great for all music genres, especially heavy metal and rap
- Produces a high bass and low treble
- Durable plastic cone, which is an upgrade from the paper cone
- Extremely affordable
The Kicker DS65 not only carries the right price tag, but they are amazingly cool. The frequency range is very pronounced, so you will not need to guess the lyrics of the sound playing. The sound quality is great, but they will work much better with powerful subwoofer.
Kenwood KFC1694PS 6-1/2” 3-Way Car Speakers
Shopping for a new pair of car speakers can be a daunting task, since there are so many brand options available on the market. If you are limited on funds, but want to invest in a quality speaker, you should consider the Kenwood KFC1694PS. This speaker will provide any music lover with the all of the necessities to produce a quality sound at a super high volume.
- Easy installation process
- Extremely affordable
- Capable of producing low, mid, and high sounds without issue
- Speaker is constructed out of polypropylene materials for added durability
- 4 Ohms
- Capable of handling up to 240 watts of peak power
If you are looking for a quality, but affordable replacement speaker, you should definitely consider the Kenwood KFC1694PS. For the price, you cannot beat them and you will not need to compromise on sound quality or construction durability.
Infinity 629I 2-Way Car Speakers Review
If you have a little extra money to invest in a replacement speaker, you should definitely consider the Infinity 629I. This speaker is aimed to please, because it embedded with nothing, but high-grade components and state-of-the-art technology. The 629I’s design is very unique, plus it is equipped with woofer cones that are constructed out of woven glass fiber.
- Genuine 4 Ohm topology, which is capable of producing maximum output
- Equipped with a crossover dongle for easy installation
- Tweeter level can be adjusted
- Capable of handling up to 225 watts of peak power
- 95dB sensitivity rating
- 9 Centimeter magnet
Overall, the Infinity 6291 speaker is one of the best on the market for this price range. The speakers are excellent for all music genres, plus they handle bass extremely well.
Buy Infinity 629I: Currently Unavailable
What to Consider when Purchasing Best 6.5 Car Speakers
- Power Handling – When scouring through your options, you’ll want to inspect the speaker’s power handling ratings. Yes, two figures are frequently utilized to describe the speaker’s power capabilities.One is the peak figure and the second number will be the RMS rating. The former will tell you precisely how much power the speaker can handle at any point in time.
The RMS describes the amount of continuous power the speaker is capable of handling. Generally, the RMS rating is considered to be a little more important than its counterpart.
- Frequency Range – This figure is important, but not as much as the aforementioned factor. As the name suggests, the frequency range equates to the specific frequency range that the speaker is compatible with. A wider range will help to make the speaker much more versatile.
- Sensitivity – Truly, sensitivity and power handle go hand-in-hand. A great amount of sensitivity will allow the speaker to utilize less power to deliver the quality of sound that is desired.
- Size – Vehicles are limited in terms of size. Suffice to say, you’ll be able to fit a much bigger and more comprehensive stereo system in your home than your vehicle.With this in mind, you’ll need to be much more strategic, when selecting your speakers. Size will be crucial. Making a wrong choice could very well result in you having the inability to fit the speakers into your trunk, backseat or wherever else you wish them to go.
Finally, it is pertinent to remember that you’ll have two basic options. You can opt for component speakers or full range speakers. Although they’ll serve the same purpose, they’re immensely different. Below, you’ll learn the basics of both.
- Component Speakers – If you opt for component speakers, you’ll achieve a better sound quality. However, you’ll need to work a little more diligently, in order to pick and choose the right equipment.With component speakers, you’ll need a different speaker for each frequency range. Tweeters are designed for the highest frequencies, while woofers are suitable for the lowest. And, mid-range speakers are compatible with everything in the middle.
- Full Range Speakers – Full range speakers are often referred to as coaxial speakers. The speakers are designed to be able to handle a wide range of frequencies and help to eliminate the need for multiple speakers.Although they’re more convenient and will give you the ability to assemble your vehicle speaker system more rapidly, full range speakers aren’t capable of matching the audio quality of the aforementioned alternatives.
Car Speaker Buying Guide
There are numerous components that work together to provide you with a functional, reliable and worthwhile car stereo system. Although each individual product is undoubtedly important, it is often best to target the speakers first and foremost.
If you concur with this statement, you owe it to yourself and your passengers to invest in some excellent best 6.5” vehicle speakers. Unsurprisingly, these speakers are responsible for the mass majority of the audio within your car.
They’re capable of fluidly transmitted mid-range sounds, while effectively eliminating distortion and other abnormalities that could decease the audio quality. Below, you’ll find a breakdown of the most important characteristics to consider, when purchasing best 6.5 car speakers for your vehicle.
- 1 Best 6.5 Car Speakers
- 1.1 Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps 6.5-Inch Performance Series Component Speaker System Review
- 1.2 Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers – 2 pairs (4 speakers) Review
- 1.3 Lanzar OPTI6PM Opti Pro 400-Watt 6.5-Inch High-Power Coaxial Speaker Review
- 1.4 Pioneer TS-A1676R 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speaker Pair Review
- 1.5 Pioneer TS-A1686R A-Series 6.5″ 350-Watt 4-Way Speakers Review
- 1.6 Alpine Sps-610 6.5″ 2 Way Pair of Coaxial Car Speakers Review
- 1.7 New KICKER DS65 6.5″ 200 Watt 4-Ohm 2-Way DS Series Car Audio Speakers Review
- 1.8 Kenwood KFC1694PS 6-1/2” 3-Way Car Speakers
- 1.9 Infinity 629I 2-Way Car Speakers Review
- 2 What to Consider when Purchasing Best 6.5 Car Speakers
- 3 Car Speaker Buying Guide