A Review Of The Best COAXIAL Speakers for Cars. Replacing your car’s factory speakers can really make a huge difference in your car’s audio quality. Maybe you are one of those people who really just want to blare their music wherever they go, or perhaps you are just looking for a better system? Regardless of your specific preference, you are going to have tons of different car speaker options to choose from. Throughout your search you will probably come across all kinds of different technical lingo like woofer, bass, and coaxial. There is a good chance that you are not going to understand what all this means, but you need to familiarize yourself with these terms, so you can obtain the best speaker possible. Below, you will learn more about coaxial speakers and what you need to look for when shopping for coaxial speakers for your vehicle.
Top 10 Best COAXIAL Speakers of 2017
JL Audio C5-650X
First up on the list of great COAXIAL Speakers is the JL Audio C5-650X. The JL is a full range speaker that will make your favorite music sound balanced and smooth. The JL speakers feature a long-excursion woofer cone, which makes sound travel farther and pushes more air than regular woofers. Inside the frame of the speakers you will find a patented cooling system. This system will not only increase the efficiency and power handling of the speakers, but it also helps with long-term use and enhances durability. You will never have to worry about the speakers failing on you.
- Cast alloy frames feature elevated frame cooling for added durability
- Butyl rubber surround is built to last
- External crossover helps to eliminate distortion
- Clean and loud sound, which will satisfy almost everyone
- Comes with 1-year warranty
Another unique thing about these full range speakers is that they feature a 4-position tweeter and a 3-position midrange control. Most full range speakers do not offer an external crossover like this. On top of all of this, you will receive a 1-year warranty with the purchase of the speakers. All in all, the speakers are great and will definitely deliver an impressive performance.
Hertz HCX 165
You will not find any major negatives associated with the Hertz HCX 165. The Hertz speakers are constructed of a silk composite material, which provides a very bold and high quality sound. These speakers were also made for a straightforward installation. Suffice to say, it should not be hard to replace your factory speakers with the Hertz. This product also comes installed with an oversized magnet. The extra-large magnet helps exert more energy to provide maximum control. Along with this, the bottom plate is vented to provide improved linearity and thermal dissipation.
- Excellent frequency range, and sensitivity of 92db
- Can be used almost anywhere
- Very high quality construction
- Capable of being pushed hard, without blowing out
Another great feature included with the Hertz’s speakers is that they are designed with a damped mesh fiber. This mesh fiber really helps with bandwidth and response. At the end of the day, the Hertz HCX 165 speakers are great for many situations. They’re durable, solidly constructed and deliver a great audio performance. For the price, the purchase is easily justifiable.
Focal K2 Power 165KRC
The Focal K2 Power 165KRC speakers are a bit more expensive than most, but if you have the extra cash, they are well worth it. Each speaker has a 160-Watt peak of power handling, a sensitivity of 93 dB, and a frequency range like nothing else on the market. The speakers are very rigid and solid, so you can rest assured knowing they’ll last for an extensive period of time.
- Outboard crossover helps to eliminate distortion
- Capable of handling a great amount of power
- Butyl rubber surround ensures the speakers last for an extensive period of time
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
The woofers are constructed of Aramid, foam and glass fibers, which allow them to play all types of music with precision and power. Along with this feature, the woofers are installed in zinc-aluminum alloy baskets. These baskets are also non-magnetic, which helps protect against any other interferences that might occur with the other electronics in your vehicle. Whether you’re a fan of rock and roll or hip hop, you can guarantee the Focal speakers will satisfy all of your listening needs.
Alpine SPR-60 Coaxial Speaker Set
There are a lot of speakers on the market that are capable of producing a loud sound. However, there are not many that are capable of handling such a loud sound, while providing pure clarity like the Alpine SPR-60s. The woofer cone is constructed of a multi-layered fiber. This uniquely designed fiber helps produce a vocal performance like nothing else on the market.The SPR-60s also come installed with a smaller magnet than most speakers. Not only does this new feature make the speaker more compact and easier to install, but also it provides users with a much clearer performance.
- Sensitivity rating of 86 dB is more than sufficient
- Capable of handling 100 watts RMS each
- A peak power rating of 300 watts per speaker
- Very stylish
- Will make your vehicle vibrate and thump
Most speaker frames are constructed of steel, but the SPR-60’s frame is made of HD Polymer. The HD Polymer makes the speakers lighter and stronger. The new and improved tweeter installed in these Alpine speakers is really amazing. The motor section of the tweeter features a copper cap that helps with distortion and really enhances the vocal performance of the speakers. You can also choose to adjust the tweeter up to 15 degrees to provide yourself with a more control and create your own custom sound. Truly, the Alpine SPR-60 Speakers are a great addition to any vehicle. If you want speakers, which are capable of making the ground shake, you’ll definitely want to consider making the investment in the SPR-60 speakers.
Rockford Fosgate Power T1675 7.75” Car Speaker
Next on the list is the Rockford Fosgate speaker and this product was really built for the car audio enthusiast. These speakers are designed to deliver superior sound for years and years. The T1675s feature a lightweight polypropylene cone that is reinforced with sturdy carbon fibers. These fibers make sure that your speakers keep their shape while they are working at their hardest.
- Capable of handling 75 watts of continuous power
- FlexFit basket design for added stability, balance, and efficiency
- Equipped with a crossover to speed up the installation process
- Capable of producing extremely low trebles without issue
- Incredibly durable and capable of withstanding the test of time
The 1” aluminum dome tweeter really allows users to hear terrific high, mids, and bass sounds unlike any other speaker. On top of this the speakers are capable of handling up to 75 RMS of power, which means they can be connected to an external amplifier for even more power.
Polk Audio DB651 6.5” Car Speakers
Last on the list is the Polk Audio DB651s. However, you should not let the placement of these speakers on this list fool you, because they are truly great and can offer you a lot. The engineers used laser imaging in combination with specialized material to deliver an off the charts speaker. The woofers are constructed of a polymer/mica composite and durable rubber. This material prevents the woofers from falling apart under stress, time, moisture, or extreme heat conditions. The liquid-cooled tweeters utilize a neodymium magnet to create a direct frequency response. Along with this, you can actually adjust the tweeters, so that you can aim them at your ears.
- Woofer is filled with polymer mica material for superior balance
- Designed for boats and vehicles
- Super easy installation and includes all the needed hardware, plus mounting spacers
- Capable of producing extremely low frequencies at the minimum volume level
- Eye appealing design
- Extremely affordable
- Can be pushed hard, yet will still last and continue to impress.
Overall, you cannot beat the Polk Audio DB651 speakers, because they are built to endure the test of time. This model also consists of two built-in crossovers to help keep the high and low frequencies balanced out. They also come with stainless steel mounting hardware, which will add a nice sleek look to the interior of your vehicle. Another unique thing about these products is that they can be installed in marine equipment, motorcycles, or ATVs.
What To Consider When Shopping for Best COAXIAL Speakers
Trying to pick and choose the right speakers for your car requires looking at a lot of different characteristics and features. Before you run out and fall for the first sale that you come across, there are certain things that you need to consider. Failing to do so could very well result in a future headache. Or you might wind up with speakers, which are no better than your factory models. Below, you’ll learn about the most important attributes that will make up a good set of coaxial speakers.
- Volume –It is pertinent to make sure that your new speakers will be able to handle all the volume you give them without distorting the delivery. With a higher volume rating, you’ll be able to turn the speakers as high as you want without getting any unwanted static interference.
- Power Handling – When you see the term power handling,you need to realize that this is the measurement of power that your speakers can handle, while they are in operation. Power handling can be rated in two different terms. The first term will be RMS Power and this equates to the power that your speakers are capable of handling at all times. Peak Power is another term you will come across and this represents what your speakers can handle, during short bursts. Although there is some debate, the RMS Power is the most important factor that you will want to consider when shopping. If the RMS rating is too low and you push your speakers too hard, they’ll blow out.
- Sensitivity – Sensitivity basically means the amount of sound that your speakers will be able to output. If you purchase a higher rated sensitivity speaker, your speakers will be able to put out a higher sound.
- Material –It is also important to consider the different types of materials that are available. Materials are important for several different reasons. Not only can the material provide you with a better sound, but it’ll also help to determine the longevity and durability of your speaker. Always try to acquire a solid material, which will withstand the test of time. This is recommended, even if you must spend a little extra to acquire it.
- Woofer – A woofer is basically a loudspeaker driver that is capable of reproducing low frequency sounds. Choosing a lighter weight woofer will provide you with a much better sound. If you want to be able to thump the bass and attract the attention of others, you’ll definitely want solid woofers.
- Frequency – Frequency is rated in Hz. Speakers typically range from 20 to 22,000 Hz. This term measure how high and how low your speakers can emit sound. Opting for a wider frequency response range is recommended dosage for super Kamagra pills and will help to guarantee that your speakers will satisfy, when reproducing audio from all frequencies.
- Crossover – Choosing a reliable crossover will help to greatly reduce distortion. The device basically takes a single input signal and breaks it down into two or more different ranges. Then, the signal will be transported to your speakers and reproduced.
Now, that you have a little additional technical knowledge regarding speakers, it is time to see what your best options are. now have learnt about the best 6.5 coaxial car speakers, it is time to make your choice.
Conclusion As you can see, there are a lot of things that one must consider when shopping for a set of replacement speakers. However, there are a lot of great different products on the market that can really improve the performance of your audio system. As long as you familiarize yourself with the technical lingo you should not have a problem finding a set of speakers that will suit your every need. Do your homework, before making your final selection and you will do just fine.